Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Day at the Beach

I long for the beach and San Diego. Chris and I went to San Diego over the last weekend for his brother, Jesse's, engagement party. It was nice to relax without kids and go see the tourist spots that we didn't normally frequent when we lived there. Getting off the plane in San Diego felt awesome. You could immediately feel the humidity and smell the salt from the ocean. I LOVED IT! And driving from the airport to our hotel was beautiful. Everything was so green and colorful. All the native plants were in full bloom. It made me sad to think that I took it all for granted when I lived there and that the people who can afford to stay there, probably do the same.

In case you can't tell...I'm so home-sick for San Diego.
Beach-March2009

7 comments:

Andrea said...

that makes me want to go to the beach....:(
I grew up in a city that it took 15 minutes to get to the beach and I used to go almost everyday...I miss it!
I'm glad you & your hubby were able to go with out the kids and relax for a couple of days:)!!

oneworld said...

SO yes I am very jealous!! You said it perfectly. I feel EXACTLY the same way. i didn't realize what we had especially the sun and warm weather year round!!! I am so beyond done with the snow. it is seriously depressing me now!!! If it doesn't get warm soon...I'll have to take off for SD soon! By the way isn't flying so much better than driving!!!! You are there in a flash!! Wish it was cheaper!!!! I've got to drive for now!

jessica rabbit said...

Yes, flying is the way to go...especially JetBlue! OMG, what a difference!!! And right now, I believe, they're $49 each way from SLC to SD.

Donna/Mom said...

I am so jealous. I took it for granted when I lived there too and now I just want to be back.

Adam and Dani said...

Don't we all...

Lisa Lee said...

In Georgia we were about 4 hours from the Atlantic, and 6 hours from the Gulf Coast - we tried to go a couple of times a year, and OH< how I miss warm ocean breezes and water.
Even the lakes in Georgia are warm, and it's really fun to go swimming at night when you're camping out! But I don't miss the bugs.....

McMackin Family said...

Ok, I don't know that I'd go in that freezing water right now, but we don't take it for granted! We're constantly at the beach, zoo, Disneyland, Sea World, Balboa Park, Children's Museum, Snow and mountains, and everything else. We love it! Why the heck did you ever move from a place like this?!?!?!?