Monday, September 21, 2009

My Trip to Maryland

The Archives Building in Washington, D.C.

My weekend away to visit Chris in Maryland was much better, as far as flights go, than my trip to Oklahoma. My outgoing flight was overbooked and they asked if they could bump me to a later flight. One that was non-stop and would only arrive 40 minutes later than my other one was scheduled. And they were going to put me in first class! Who could say no to that? So I quickly agreed. As she started putting my info into the computer she also says, "Oh, and we'll also give you a $400 voucher and a free breakfast." Heck ya! (BTW, this was Delta, NOT United!)
My hot husband inside the one place he really wanted to see...the Archives Building.
My brother-in-law Jesse and his cute wife Kaylee!
Maryland is BEAUTIFUL! It's so green and lush. I loved it there and didn't want to come home. We visited D.C., rode the metro, ate good food and hung out with Chris's brother Jesse and his new wife Kaylee. It was a lot of fun being with them. Thanks for having us guys!
The White House. I was amazed at how many people were there to see it. I also thought it was awesome that there was a sniper on the roof! It only makes sense, it was just never something I had thought of before.
Washington Monument ~ It's amazing just how tall it is. It's hard to believe until you actually see it in real life.
Jesse & Kaylee at the Metro Station. I wish we had one of those here!

2 comments:

Barnes said...

Thank you for sending me this it is GREAT to see you and your family... sounds like you had a way better trip this time... Your hubby looks great and look like he is doing good... thanks you for supporting him while he serves this beautiful nation!!! All is well on this end I would love to get together again soon... Love and miss ya,
Jess Barnes

oneworld said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!!! You guys are so cute together always have been always will!