Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Year of the Rat

This Wednesday was our 2nd week of co-op. We have a co-op of 5 different homeschooling families. We get together every Wednesday and the mom's teach different classes. I teach Science to the younger kids and cooking to all the kids. Yesterday we had a "Chinese New Year Festival" because we're studying China in our Geography unit. We made fried rice and lo mein noodles for our cooking class. We also had dumplings, sweet & sour chicken, egg rolls and fortune cookies for our "feast".


Jordan wanted me to paint a Chinese symbol on his face. I was going to do rat since it's the year of the rat. But it was way too complicated for me. So I chose the chinese symbol of the day, which was "sky".


There was Chinese music playing and the kids were dancing with their dragons that they made. Haylee took this very seriously.

About 10 minutes into this dancing Zach decided that his dragon needed to be fighting. Go figure.... (Sorry, no pictures of that!)

Jordan was too cool to make a dragon, but not too cool to dance with his baby sister!

6 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

That is too cute...too cool to make a dragon but not too cool to dance with Elizabeth. Sometimes he can be sweet and good to his siblings. Looks like they had a blast!

Debbi Scott Edmonds said...

Gee those are some cute kids and some familiar decorations!!! I wish I had been there! LOL

LadyPoet33

Moreau's said...

Yeah! Jessica is blogging! I am so happy that i can add you to my list of really cool people! And spy on you daily : )
This activity looks super fun!! Wow!

jessica rabbit said...

Karen...speaking of adding me to your list of really cool people...how do you do that?

love jess

Adam and Dani said...

I love it! I love Chinese New Year and had so much fun celebrating it with my preschoolers last year. This year all I did was make moon cakes (yummy!) and clean the house. Fun fun. Miss you guys! Kung hei fat choy!

Moreau's said...

go to customize on your blog bar, up at the top right of your screen. Click on that, you will see add a page element, on your right. Click on that, and then a sub-screen will come up giving you many different options. You will see one for making a link/list for friends or favorite sites you like. Click on that and the rest should be self explanatory. Call me if you have questions!!!